Our client, a Global eCommerce Giant, is looking for a Site Merchandising Manager! This person will lead and execute the creation of website content strategy and plans that are synergistic with our brand goals. The right candidate will leverage analytics to drive a robust online strategy around sales, conversion, average order size and profitability.
Here's what you'll be doing as our Site Merchandising Manager:
- Provide expertise in Site Merchandising to apply to the development, implementation, and improvement of action plans
- Develops and plans the visual merchandising and seasonal site strategies of departments and campaigns
- Identifies and establishes department-, category-, or campaign-level key performance indicators (KPIs), benchmarks, and forecasts
- Analyze and utilize online metrics to use as the basis for content optimization which will drive traffic, conversion and demand
- Reviews and evaluates customer demand and sales trends to determine where to place products for sale.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business leaders to drive business objectives and influence strategies.
- Provides direction to creative and content design teams
- Provides guidance, expertise and leadership within Site Merchandising team
- Oversee the day-to-day site maintenance, categorization and sequencing to optimize product performance to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent merchandising/e-commerce experience
- 4+ years of experience in complex environment.
- 2+ years of working in/with Site Merchandising team
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management in an agile environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in Retail, Web and/or eCommerce a strong plus
- Proven ability to manage and lead diverse groups of individuals in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining flexibility
This person will also be managing Assortment. The following are additional tasks:
- Ensure we are in-stock on high demand items whether through 1p or 3p o Partner closely with merchants and elevate any upcoming key buys / price actions – i.e. new product launches, price actions, etc.
- Evaluate item pages by category, and ensure the structure is the most optimal experience to drive performance of that category o Determine optimal path based on customer entry point, next step activity, etc.
- Ensure top items within a dept / category have robust and high quality content including rich item descriptions, reviews, respond to Q&A within 24 hours, videos, etc.
- Determine appropriate cross-sell and add-on items/price up items, and include services, etc.
- Communicate with Project Manager to ensure what’s needed is displayed o Improve buyability of items through customer focused product merchandising including bundles, BTV, base variants, etc. Channel Component:
- Understands category total profitability including margin / ship costs / returns / cancellations to make recommendation on how to optimize profitability of the department
- Deep understanding of fulfillment channel mix (Store, Online) o Assess by dept level customer delivery dates and determine if issues exist and delays are reported