Our client is looking for a Site Merchandising Assistant for their leading online retailer of cut-to-order fabrics offering competitive pricing and vast selection for quilting, home décor and apparel customers. We are seeking a bright individual that thrives in a fast-paced work environment to join the Merchandising team in the Site Merchandising Assistant role.
The Site Merchandising Assistant will be responsible for merchandising customer-facing product detail pages on Fabric.com and Amazon.com, including product copy, usage and category attributes. The ideal candidate operates with autonomy, has high attention to detail, improves standard processes, and influences within a team environment.
• Works closely with cross-functional partners (Buying, Marketing, Photo Studio, and Operations) to merchandise new products and launch new selection on-site daily.
• Follows Merchandising operating procedures to maintain a high level of productivity with consistent high quality. Successfully troubleshoots issues (e.g. missing fabric samples, damages, etc.) and implements fixes.
• Writes and edits copy that aligns with Fabric’s Style Guide and brand voice and ensures work is free of errors.
• Understands the flow of new product within the organization and partners with cross-functional stakeholders to identify new procedures or efficiencies.
• Communicates daily to provide visibility into throughput and backlogs.
• Serves as an integral part of the team. Assists with creating training and SOP materials, contributes to knowledge management tools such as wikis, and creates effective SOPs and other process documentation to facilitate task transfers and new hire onboarding.
• Is continuously learning, seeking mentors and sharing knowledge with other team members
serves as the team expert in merchandise coordination.
• Experience in online merchandising, digital marketing and/or e-commerce executing customer-facing online experiences.
• Exceptional written communication skills.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to learn new software and technology tools quickly.
• Knowledge/interest in the fabric and craft industry.
**This person will be writing up product descriptions for different types of fabrics, so they’ll need a knowledge of fabric/textiles and a passion for sewing/quilting/etc. In addition, they’ll need stellar writing skills, since their descriptions will be customer facing. There is a possibility of extension/conversion for the right person.