Your role as the Site Merchandiser is to plan and execute locally relevant online site merchandising plans in support of this large tech company's online store in Canada, and be an expert in your categories! Within the role you are responsible for ensuring site is regularly refreshed, up to date, and optimized to drive conversion and sales. You will drive sales performance by managing online site experience, and implementing visual merchandising, cross-sells and conversion, aligned to overall product strategy. You will work in partnership with local teams to optimize selling and execution of compelling marketing, offers and product launches.
• Drive top and bottom line performance by optimizing site merchandising strategies and tactics.
• Manage site experience to drive eCommerce and financial KPIs through world class merchandising
Position Description and Responsibilities:
• Manage creation and placement of site merchandising (including promotions, landing pages, banners, etc.). Coordinate across Category Management, Content, and Production.
• Support ongoing site optimization efforts including managing site test plans, coordinating implementation with Production and Web Development resources as well as executing A/B testing via our content management system.
• Manage site inventory visibility and coordinate across teams to insure a positive customer experience.
• Manage the site search attribute values in coordination with product management teams.
• Analyze site traffic and conversion through cart, purchase funnel studies and cross-sell/up-sell trials. Deliver and execute recommendations to improve site performance.
• Act as key member of the category management team taking on special projects as required during the holiday and other high profile selling seasons.
What you bring to the role:
• Minimum of 5 years of e-commerce merchandising experience with a high traffic online retailer. Experience of working in a global e-commerce web environment
• An understanding of online merchandising and marketing in Canada, both current and emerging, with the ability to translate marketing needs into program execution
• English and French language skills and experience of working with non-native languages
• Experience of working in a sales-driven business, preferably in retail. Ability to work effectively within fast paced, diverse cross functional team.
• Experience of working with digital merchandising platforms.
• Strong computer skills, including a basic knowledge of HTML
• Quantitative skills with experience working with web analytics, sales data and analysis. Experience with e-commerce analytics tools (Omniture, Clicktale etc.)
• Self-starter and a proactive problem solver with a drive to achieve results. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams, with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills. Project management experience and a strong ability to drive improvements in established processes
• Demonstrated decision making skills and excellent communication skills required
• Degree or equivalent experience.