Our client, a global e-commerce company, is seeking a bright, enthusiastic, hard-working Site Merchandiser to join a fun team for a start-up project. The successful candidate will know how to create compelling content, be comfortable with web-publishing tools, and be able to multitask in a start-up environment that requires flexibility, agility, and a sense of humor. An understanding and love for social media is a plus.
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED
- The Site Merchandiser will work in a highly collaborative environment and will engage directly with multiple internal teams to ensure that work flows efficiently through different stages and that assets are ready for respective launches / marketing campaigns on owned channels. This person will be responsible for converting customers visiting the skills store, increasing customer usage and engagement.
- Crucial components of the role will be managing and optimizing the skills storefront to increase effectiveness and performance, creating seasonal merchandising campaigns across all channels, and working across teams for skill representation on device packaging.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, managing complex projects, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- He/she is analytical, detail oriented, enthusiastic, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills. This person must be able to work at both a strategic level (generating new ideas to improve traffic growth and the customer experience) and at the tactical level (executing campaigns with site merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data, and solving problems).
- Manage and communicate process and prioritization model for content merchandising using customer data and segmentation insight
- Execute and manage content calendar for owned merchandising channels and communicate to key stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate and execute merchandising initiatives including testing, measuring, and shifting execution based on results
- Work with the product team and optimize the customer on-site experience
- Work closely with the marketing team to optimize promotional efforts and help meet business needs
- Create on-brand, best in class content, tailored to appropriate customers
- Effectively build and publish content using internal tools
- Analyze performance of site content, seeking ways to improve
- Contribute to social media efforts
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Customer obsession
- High attention to detail, including precise and effective customer communications
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to execute compelling merchandising campaigns
- Ability to analyze results of merchandising efforts
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities and to move quickly
- 2-4 years marketing and/or web/mobile merchandising experience
- Strong analytical skills: understand and use web metrics to gauge trends and evaluate content in an unbiased fashion.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and deliver results
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects with superior ROI
- Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with proper project management
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other departments.
- High computer literacy, with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- An understanding of, and passion for, voice-first technology is highly desired.