A global apparel brand is looking for a site merchandiser with 3+ years of experience. This person will be the “Store Manager” of the site at a Category or Division level, and the owner of the site experience from a product sort and navigation perspective, including site merchandise hierarchy, copy and fit communication, promotional execution (relating to the product experience), and the development and execution of the marketing story-telling from site framework meeting to the site experience.
Particular focus will be on Product Detail Pages and site analysis (category performance, web analytics reporting, customer reviews) and the development of compelling product sorts that support the seasonal Marketing & Promotional strategies.
Role responsibilities include:
• Continually analyze, execute, and provide improvements to the customer experience as it relates to navigation and product page content.
• In partnership with Sr. Site Merchant, develop seasonal site strategy based on brand direction, incoming product assortment, internal learnings, and competitive research.
• Act as an active participant in the alignment of site navigation, product photography, marketing, and copy strategies.
• Communicate site strategy to direct reports (Merchandise Coordinators) and key cross-functional partners, including global merchandising, yield management, online marketing, photo studio, and copy.
• Speak on behalf of customer needs and site functionality during marketing story development and execution.
• Keep cross-functional partners informed on category and navigation performance, using site analytics and customer feedback to advise development of the website and its content.
• Ensure that site experience is connected to marketing, promotional & buying actions in-season.
• Lead divisional site review meetings with cross-functional teams, providing preview of upcoming launches, communicating strategy shifts, and leading discussion around site best practices.
• Attend weekly divisional site meetings to ensure clarity on the execution of online promotions as well as site and e-mail marketing.
• Attend weekly divisional business meetings to understand financial results and identify product sort or navigation opportunities.
• Partner with online marketing and global merchandising teams to deliver inspirational and timely story-telling through site and e-mail.
• Work directly with global merchandising, web production, and copy teams to gather and communicate accurate fit and style details to customers through the product page.
• Partner with web production to understand technical site and tool functionality to drive efficiencies with existing tools;
• Mentor Merchandise Coordinators in site and sorting best practices, partnering with them on the execution of boutique launches and fostering their development and merchandising point of view.
• Partner with Sr. Site Merchant & Global Merchandising to ensure understanding of the online business.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Creative teams to ensure a compelling site and customer experience that supports overall business objectives and meets/exceeds customer expectations.