Our Fortune 500 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking an experienced Short Form Copywriter for their corporate marketing team. This Short Form Copywriter opportunity is located in Manhattan, New York City. This Copywriter opportunity is a 6+ month contract with the potential to hire full time, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
The Corporate Marketing team is responsible for branding, content, advertising and strategy and supports Corporate Responsibility, the Foundation, and The Institute among other corporate functions, including all of the digital (website and mobile applications) and social channels. The firm’s Art and History programs are an extension of the Corporate Marketing team and boast an amazing collection of world-renown art and archives in their collection. Short-form copywriting experience in a newsroom, public relations, or financial experience is preferred.
Our client wants to help our customers make the most of their money so they can help make the most of their lives. We’re looking for a Short Form Copywriter who understands our customers’ unique journey to building a successful financial foundation and the role that content plays. This Copywriter role is responsible for transforming ideas and concepts into copy for use across a variety of customer channels including mobile apps, email campaigns, thought leadership, articles, ads, etc. This successful candidate will work with the client marketing and digital / social teams to deliver text that offers real value and actionable tips to our customers in the form of assets ranging from articles and headlines, email subject lines, social media posts, and more. The Copywriter must be comfortable short-form (180 characters) content and editing copy for consistency of brand tone and voice and must have a clear understanding of how to repurpose copy mediums from digital to social and print.
The right Short Form Copywriter candidate will have a strong collaborative work style, able to connect the dots across marketing, customer and user experience teams along with legal and compliance. They should also possess an innate intellectual curiosity that powers their ability uncover, curate and translate the best research and insights that the company has to offer our customers.
• Produce original, clear and engaging ideas/messages
• Write on-brand creative pieces for use across distribution channels
• Compose messaging that fits within brand tone/voice guidance
• Optimize campaign text based on data results
• Translate long-form content for use in brochures, thought leadership pieces, etc.
• Utilize customer data to identify customer segmentation to optimize performance and automated marketing campaigns
• Develop A/B and multivariate test strategies to increase open rate, click thru rate, engagement and conversion
• Collaborate with design, brand, product, and acquisition marketing to create strong messaging and design content to enhance brand identity
• Establish key metrics, create review cycle, and provide insights on customer engagement
• Partner with internal colleagues and external agencies to refine copy stylistically and for consistency of tone/voice
• Proofread long-form and short-form copy produced by colleagues
• Write effective copy aligned to brand strategy for a variety of client segments
• Leverage understanding of the brand and the competitive landscape to push creative boundaries
• Help manage brand voice to ensure consistency across all channels and segments
• BA/in creative writing, journalism or related field
• 5+ years experience
• Superior written skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Flawless accuracy in terms grammar and information
• Excellent presentation skills
• Comfort working under tight deadlines
• Ability to work on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
• Deep understanding of how to write for social media, web, and mobile, as well traditional channels
• Word and PowerPoint expertise required.
Sample work must be provided.