SCRIPPS – Shooter/Editor
Payrate : $50/hr
Location : Chelsea, NY
Duration : 4/12 – 10/28
Our Media Client is looking for a junior video editor familiar with DSLR shooting to work collaboratively in a shooter/editor role for its digital food platforms (Food and Cooking!).
This is a creative high-paced role for food enthusiasts and growing versatile editors and the role will be focused on creating platform specific video content for our social platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Shooter/Editor will be working in a variety of production capacities from idea creation, to execution and the editing of deliverables. This includes editing short form videos, shooting in-house with a DSLR and interfacing with our media team to acquire footage. He/She will work with various teams within and outside the company. He/She should also be ready to help in all areas of digital video production as needed including production management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to edit in Adobe Premiere, basic text animation in AfterEffects a major plus
- Comfortable shooting on a DSLR camera in a fast paced environment
- Creatively inspired by square and vertical video and new digital platforms.
- Candidate should be enthusiastic about working in a collaborative team environment
- Can also work independently and edit 4 – 6 short form videos daily
- Knowledgeable about food trends, culinary terms and Food Network programming
- Knowledge of video production and on-air and digital programming
- Proven editorial, creative and technical flair in the production of video.
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills with experience managing concurrent projects.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and to work seamlessly with an Editorial team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively within a small team as well as interfacing with various other teams.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- 3 years experience shooting and editing for digital and/or social video. Examples of work will be required.
- Bachelors degree in a directly related or creative field preferred.
- Experience with interactive production and/or web development, associated technologies and social media preferred.
- Standard Office environment. Sedentary work mixed with shooting. Some travel may be required. Ability to work overtime.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs