We are looking for a Service Engineer (or Systems Administrator) to help manage the security, monitoring and infrastructure of the massively scaled website. This engineer will join the Engineering Systems team who manages all the Build, Test and Deploy Infrastructure.
You will be working on our large website doing Security Compliance updates as the main task. This will involve identifying and cleaning up all the open endpoints that exist. Actual tasks will vary based on the endpoint. We also want to setup an automated compliance tool to validate security and allow us to patch our machines.
If that work is complete, we will use them to help with VSTS Administration which will involve coming up with a permissions policy as well as writing tools around identifying build, test and deployment intermittent failures. We will also want them to create a dashboard to display our KPIs across all the ICE teams. This will involve gathering data from various sources and automating the consolidation of them into visible metrics.
- Manage and monitor Engineering Systems infrastructure (Build, Test, Deploy)
- Identify and implement security strategies and action items
- Build dashboards to track KPIs
- Solidify build agent infrastructure
- Creating tooling around tracking intermittent and inconsistent failures
- 3+ years of relevant experience with Azure, Chef, Docket and .NET (PowerBI and VSTS preferred)
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (i.e. Ruby, Python, Bash, Perl)
- Sees a problem or inefficiency and does something about it
- Can work independently
- Fixes the problem, not the symptoms
- Writes tools that are extensible and consistent
- Automates solutions, not manually works away at them
- Is diligent in validation