Seeking a mid-level Service Designer to work on high visibility projects within a digital customer experience (fintech) group within a global financial company. This is a temp-to-perm role in NYC.
The Service Designer will leverage human centered research to design end-to-end journeys of services across channels and touchpoints. This helps customers to complete their goals, and helps the business to use digital technology to deliver.
This team supports an aggressive digital transformation agenda, creating highly personalized, real time experiences across web and mobile and find innovative ways to deepen customer engagement.
- Use deep knowledge of design-thinking, to engage teams and run workshops that bring the user to the center, defining an optimum service experience
- Produce artifacts, including: Service Design Blueprints, illustrated Journey maps, and concept designs for the creation and evolution of products and processes
- Plan, conduct, report-on, and advocate for a variety of research methodologies that lead to customer insights and opportunity areas
- Partner with product, technology, and design teams to assess the business viability, tech feasibility, and customer desirability of new experience concepts
- Approach the business as a holistic ecosystem to connect dots and identify gaps across organizational silos
- Help define service metrics and key performance indicators from a customer's lens to measure the improvement of customer experiences
- Communicate design-thinking and service design to non-designers and prove the impact of Human Centered Design and Service Design methods
- 2-3 years of experience in a Service Design role
- Significant User Experience Research and Product Design experience
- Hands-on experience of designing / informing a variety of digital touch-points and non-digital channels
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organization skills
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral sciencediscipline is preferred
Must also bring:
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
- Excitement for the complexity of personal finances as well as the broader financial ecosystem