We are looking for a creative, seasoned, resourceful and inspired UX Service Designer to envision and develop the future omni-channel banking experience for our client, a top fortune 500 company, in their San Francisco office. This is a freelance opportunity, on site, with opportunity to extend if it’s a good match.
The ideal candidate will bring a customer obsessed mindset to driving change, innovation, and development through the organization. They will have led UX on complex service design programs, and will have demonstrated success across the full product lifecycle from pre-concept, through development to launch.
A user-centric view is paramount for the role, with a focus on providing simple, fun and innovatively enriching digital experiences for our customers. You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside our design systems, architecture, product and engineering teams to deliver new experiences through effective artifacts (from customer journeys and ecosystem maps to participatory design prototypes and wireframes). A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must for the role.
- Work hands-on with internal teams and external consultants, to deliver inspiring and actionable designs that consider customer desirability, technical feasibility and business needs.
- Adept at translating insights from user research, and synthesizing them into actionable design principles and concepts.
- Can work independently with intelligent initiative, and collaborate easily and productively with teams, develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers, and executives.
- Proven experience collaborating cross-functionally, and influencing outcomes.
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent.
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external collaborators.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus.
- Adept and empathic human-centered designer, creative thinker and thought leader, who can conceive and articulate beautiful service experiences.
- Experience with design consultancy on projects that encompass both brick and mortar retail and UX design, and/or an in-house role within a hospitality or retail business.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment.
- A portfolio that includes a breadth of work in digital service design.
- 8+ years of experience in experience design and graphic/visual development required.
- BFA or BA required.