One of Vitamin T's downtown agency clients is seeking a lead developer for a minimum of 3 months, full-time and onsite, with the possibility of contract extension or going permanent. Local applicants only.
The Senior Web Developer is a senior level developer with 7+ years of experience in leading and creating small to enterprise level digital projects (websites, banner campaign, emails, landing pages, etc.), database/API integration, front and back end systems and has a solid understanding of web usability and current design trends. This role is a key player in the development team to oversee the agency’s digital projects from the strategy, concepting, development and launch phases.
This technically proficient developer is versed in best practices for website development and the development of other web-based marketing applications. The position fulfills multiple projects at a time as a working developer and a manager of several in-house web developers and freelancers to integrate back-end development functionality and frontend design in an optimal user experience. The position provides frequent status updates internally and externally on all active projects. The position also manages relationships with any related external vendors.
The position collaborates with the account service and creative teams from start to completion of the project to articulate what is technically possible and initiate and lead creative discussions to push the design and functionality to always be our best work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 60% Development of web-based solutions such as custom websites, emails, banners, etc.
- 20% Management of team of 2 – 3 web developers.
- 10% Coordination with account service and creative teams to scope, price, articulate value and integrate with digital media solutions.
- 10% Management of external vendor relationships.
- Designs and/or develops functional and appealing webpages/applications based on usability, using a combination of markup languages to code web pages.
- Uses IA/UX abilities to create site map and wireframe documents.
- Designs and develops emails with CRM integration
- Provides website maintenance and enhancements
- Creates quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Develops and tests across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Optimizes application for maximum speed and scalability
- Consults with the client, account manager, designer and others on work requirements
- Design and code visually appealing, user-friendly, and dynamic multimedia applications
- Perform quality control on all factors relating to survey integrity: programming code, skip logic, appearance, data requirements and client ROI
- Maintains knowledge of hosting and server setups and configurations and can address any issues that may arise with the available partners and team of developers.
- Analyze and resolve any technical issues that arise
- 7+ years of experience in web development
- Preferably 2+ years leading and managing a web development team