Our client, a San Diego-based start-up in the insurance/technology sector, seeks a Sr. Digital/Visual Graphic Designer, a talented individual contributor with the ability to lead by example and inspire your cross-disciplinary peers. You are a conceptually-driven, strategically-minded graphic and UX designer with strong experience in web design, as well as the consumer-facing digital experience.
- Must have Experience in, and understanding of, a start-up environment in its early stages - must demonstrate this in screening and interviews
You will be part of a lean, agile team that creates and executes designs that span a variety of touchpoints, helping to create experiences that are new to insurance. You’ll work with a highly capable lead UX designer, engineers, product marketing and marketing leadership to invent and iterate on product experiences that start and end with the customer. You will be expected to create and innovate. We are inventing and building real things for the new digital insurance experience. This must excite you. You must be a builder and extremely comfortable rolling up your sleeves to bring this work to life.
• The best candidate will have solid experience with both graphic design and website management
• Manage company's corporate website property and lead day-to-day site management to support the company’s business objectives, including supporting online acquisition via banner ads, landing pages and lead magnets
• Create the wireframes, site maps, mock ups and design files required for company and clients – including website design, (some) UX design, collateral design and additional assets
• Handle design needs of Sales and Marketing
• Participate in the project from initial sketch phase, development, through to finished customer-facing execution.
• Work with technologists to come up with solutions that serve the design vision and fit with the technology constraints.
• Collaborate with internal & external resources to rapidly iterate design and technology prototypes.
• Evaluates designs quickly and creates original high-quality work.
• Solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, and graphic design. Strong focus on visual design.
• Understands platform requirements. Able to wireframe and provide visual mockups.
• Uses experience, research, and analysis to solve UX design problems by providing multiple usable options as necessary, including both portrait and landscape UI for cross-platform design.
• Adapt creative styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards
• Interface with key internal client and project stakeholders to ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency.
• Possess excellent understanding of style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow.