The Sr. visual designer will work with the Design Director, UX Director and Mobile Interaction designers; with Product and Core Editorial teams, On-Air networks, development teams, agencies and vendors as well as other Visual Designers to provide creative, thoughtful, timely visual designs that are on-brand and optimal for the web and mobile user.
• Minimum 6 years of experience, including 1-2 years of designing information-rich digital properties, as demonstrated through a portfolio of stellar work samples
• Experience in product and editorial design for large scale entertainment & lifestyle brands. Experience with TV networks a plus
• Strong creative and conceptual thinking, with superior skills in visual identity, typography, grid systems, color and composition
• Strong understanding of design for content management tools; usability, technologies, capabilities and digital trends
• Excellent communication skills and ability to advance projects autonomously, from conception to completion. Play mentor role to junior designers
• Enthusiastic mobile user
Strong affinity and familiarity with products in the Cooking/Food and Home categories a huge plus.