Aquent's mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients is seeking a Senior Visual Designer for a direct hire opportunity. Their clients range from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. They pride themselves on people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We have a fun office environment located in Davis Square (Somerville, MA) and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
The Senior Visual Designer has a clean/modern design aesthetic and experience designing for large multi-platform websites. As Senior Visual Designer, you’ll work with their clients to develop exciting, modern visual aesthetics for their websites. Your main responsibility will be to craft the look and feel of their sites, based on your input from digital strategists, user experience designers, and your own direct engagement with the client through design research. You won’t be heavily art-directed – you’ll be expected to bring your own creativity to bear on your projects – and you’ll also be the main person responsible for bringing your concepts to fruition. This means that you’ll have a very direct, impactful role in the success of our clients and projects.
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate function and brand identity, including the design and production of style tiles, visual boards, layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and iconography.
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand identity, style guides, and visual design systems on various projects; help create engaging, usable, and effective visual design solutions to achieve user-focused goals and business objectives.
- Partner with the Creative Director to enhance and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative material, including branding materials for internal initiatives.
- Participate in ideation and conceptual development within business development and client projects.
Skills & Qualifications
Experience & Education
- Requires 4-6 years of direct experience, and a strong portfolio of relevant design work.
- Experience collaborating with other user experience roles, such as UX Analysts, and Digital Strategists.
- Experience being part of agile projects of significant size and scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. graphic design, human interface design, etc.) is a plus.
- Previous agency experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has an in-depth knowledge of design process, principles, and best practices.
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively influence senior leaders on design matters.
- Ability to appropriately incorporate existing, or develop new branding elements into designs.
- Demonstrates leadership to the project team by providing expertise and mentorship to others.
- Takes initiative to work and learn independently, and proactively contribute to project goals.
- Strong knowledge of creative, prototyping tools. Sketch App experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including: problem solving, decision making, influencing, change management
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Not Required (but highly desirable)
- Previous experience as a User Experience Designer, Front-end Developer, Interaction Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, or similar.
- Past experience developing and running design focused workshops.
- Business development/pitch/proposal experience as a contributor or presenter.
- Data visualization and infographics design experience.
- Microinteraction design experience.
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Travel up to 20% (pitches, client on-sites, conferences, etc.)