Our client, a leading global professional services company, is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join their creative team.
As the ever evolving world of digital products and services continue to blur the lines across platforms and devices it challenges organizations in their approach to business and how they engage with their customers across an increasingly complex landscape of customer touch points. Design and innovation forms an important part in this and is our clients expertise. They help to shape customer experience and product offerings - from facilitating rapid innovation sessions and delivering product strategies, to building design capability within some of the largest organizations in the world.
Visual designers work collaboratively as a key part of the UX team to identify specific user/client needs and engage in ideating/evaluating initial concepts. The Senior Visual Designer is responsible for the conceptual development, direction and delivery of visual design. They possess excellent visual design skills with a strong sense of graphic, web and screen design, and a high level of understanding of visual solutions for smaller portable screens. The Senior Designer can communicate effectively, clearly articulate ideas and possess a commercial understanding and awareness.
We expect the successful Senior Visual Design Candidates to have seasoned experience delivering interface design solutions for various clients. The candidate must thrive working in a collaborative team environment.
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Develop the digital brand and identity strategy for our customers
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Develop the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations
- Produce animation/motion solutions and demos created in Flash, 3D or similar software
- Create light weighed style guides and brand guidelines to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Play an active role in client meetings and vocalise opinions and ideas to clients and the project team.
- 5+ years experience of user interface design with consumer applications, preferably mobile devices
- Extensive experience driving and applying user-centred design processes
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Flex and Visio
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storytelling, storyboards, mood boards, prototypes, etc)
- Knowledge of web based technologies and mobile operating systems and platforms and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or diagrammatic expertise and iconography are an advantage.
- Good task management skills and the ability to brief and on-board other Designers.
- Ability to articulate and justify ideas and design solutions to clients.
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively, strategically, and efficiently.
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.