The Core Digital team within our client’s Corporate Marketing group is seeking a dedicated and detail oriented Visual Quality Assurance (VQA) Analyst to join their NYC office. The VQA acts as the champion of quality and is responsible for effectively managing through agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions and support areas. The VQA will compose side by side comparison to what the designers have mocked up against what the developers have executed. The VQA works collaboratively with product owners, designers, architects, management, and scrum teams to ensure reliable, fully functional and user-friendly websites before they are released to the public.
Key Responsibilities include:
• A Concern for Aesthetic Quality- Carefully examining websites in all life-cycles to determine whether it satisfies the requirements of the product owners, designers, architects, management, and scrum teams in a harmonious balance. Detecting visual regressions across UI. Reporting exactly where and what has changed.
• Testing- Testing to ensure UI consistencies across browsers, devices, and environments. Creating functional test cases based on requirements and design documents and analyzing the differences and generating a concise report. Participating in all different test phases per project needs.
• Reporting- Ensuring that testing is well defined, planned and executed. Identifying any potential issues are addressed before the product goes live. Providing timely and accurate status, defect information, and appropriate metrics to facilitate VQA reporting.
• Validation- Validating and troubleshooting reported bugs and clearly communicating problems and their severity to appropriate personnel. Managing and processing bug reports per project. Coordinating issues pertaining to the quality of the site including performance, functionally, layout, browser and platform usability.
o Understand agile processes and enjoy working in a data-informed, blameless culture.
o Able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex issues and risk information in layman terms.
o Familiarity with HTML and Java script validation/testing procedures.
o Full working knowledge of Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence and other tools used across agile.
o Exposure to multi-platforms, and cross-browser testing. Must be knowledgeable of trends for new browser versions, mobile devices and/or other digital applications.
o Exposure to rich media within web applications (audio, video, responsive design validation).
o A strong interest in the Web and end-user applications and an investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems.
o Advocate a culture where testing occurs as early as possible.
o Extremely detail-oriented with the belief that a great product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions.
o Able to assimilate information from a variety of sources, and develop a coherent strategy.
o Exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment.
o Identify problems as opportunities and manage well under pressure and be able to deal with ambiguity, with a bias toward simplicity and action.
o Take apart complex items and simplify them to make sure they work properly. Convey information clearly and effectively to a wide audience
o Use strong problem solving and team working skills to assure complex, high- priority cases, while ensuring the regulatory requirements are always met.
• BA or equivalent experience is required
• Analytical skills with an artistic eye- able to see and dissect small changes.
• Interpersonal and project management skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple audiences.
• Self-starter, with ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence, and collaborate with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills; team player that can work with various cross-functional teams
• Enjoy working in a fast paced, high-output environment in a rapidly evolving market