Join our team of experienced UX Trainers/Researchers to effect cultural change in our engineering organizations. This position will focus on training engineering teams to be more customer-focused, as well as data-driven, by teaching them how to write answerable research questions, to conduct effective customer interviews, and to organize their findings. To achieve these aims successfully, we will depend upon your breadth of research, your background in corporate training/instructional design and your knowledge of Lean UX methodologies.
In this project, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams: Researchers; Project Managers; Designers; and Developers. Your primary and principal objectives will be conducting workshops based upon a flexible curriculum as well as preparing team leaders for their training. The ideal candidate ideally has expertise in UX Research, corporate training/instructional design, and a demonstrable passion for complex technology domains such as cloud and operations environments.
- Tailoring and Framing a flexibly designed Lean UX Methodologies curriculum to specific engineering and technology audiences
- Research and apply instructional methodologies to optimize for tactical as well as behavioral and cultural changes within product teams.
- Assist in driving training and post-training research activities and mentoring with engineering teams.
- Apply a range of instructional methodologies to promote lasting cultural change and practical methods adoption within product teams
- Collaborate with diverse project teams to prepare, facilitate, and conduct trainings and workshops.
- Implement trainings focused on growing the internal community of engineering teams who adopt Lean Agile practices.
- 3+ years of industry experience conducting user research and effectively collaborating with development teams to improve user experience based on research results.
- High level of experience using a breadth of user research techniques at various stages of the development process (e.g., phone interviews, surveys, lab usability studies, field research/ethnographic techniques, telemetry).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in corporate training applying learning philosophies and teaching methodologies to develop and execute training events and materials.
- Ability to get up to speed with a new, highly technical area quickly.
- Public speaking experience with large groups (100+) and written communication skills.
- Experience with Lean UX or similar methodologies.
- Experience in driving customer-focused initiatives.
- Excellent collaboration skills and experience working with engineering teams and senior leadership teams.
- An MA/MS or Ph.D. in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Research experience with IT users, systems, and services
Candidates should come prepared for a portfolio presentation that represents their body of work in research and training. This can also be a Powerpoint showcasing the work they did and impact on product/feature.