**This role starts as a temporary hourly (W2 role) though client intends to convert to permanent role.**
Our client is a large financial institution that serves 50 million customers with a broad range of consumer financial services, including personal banking, investment advice, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments and auto financing. They are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join their team for a contract to hire opportunity. This is 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits and 401K are offered.
The Digital Customer Experience Organization are building the next generation of experiences for the Commercial Banking area with a focus on business to business (B2B). We are a multi-disciplinary team of designers, planners and researchers committed to designing the future of banking. We are responsible for delivering unique and innovative customer experiences across our company, its sites, applications, products and services. The team have diverse backgrounds, from design agencies, handset manufacturers, financial institutions, mobile carriers, to startups and content providers. We apply this variety and creativity in building the best possible future experiences for our customers.
We are looking to recruit a seasoned Senior User Researcher to help lead our research initiatives across lines of business. Sitting within the User Context and Research team, you will have a passion for user centered design, and practical experience in building and running the successful research projects that support it. A seasoned leader, you will also have impactful influencing skills, business intelligence and the ability to pull it altogether into engaging, visual outputs that support our strategy. This Senior User Researcher will work with researchers to conduct generative, formative and evaluative research for commercial clients. and will be responsible for leading qualitative and user research initiatives that inform critical decisions for current and future products. They work closely with cross-product teams to identify research topics that inform business decisions and use best practices in user research to support the entire product design cycle. They will design and execute exploratory field studies with users and subject-matter experts. They will plan, recruit for, and conduct usability analyses in our state-of-the-art usability lab, in the field, or using remote tools and will collaborate closely with designers, technologists, and product managers and deliver persuasive and compelling findings to executive stakeholders.
Senior User Researcher Requirements:
- 6+ years of experience in user experience research and design
- Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field required, Masters an advantage
- Experience in a variety of industries and platforms; digital, mobile and product design for example
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of research results and recommendations across roles & levels, internal and external team
- Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new research methodologies and recruitment strategies
- Understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experience design
- Proven understanding of design principles, design planning and the role of insights and research in informing and leading strategy
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A focus on timely, relevant, visual and engaging outputs
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on research and design
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- Experience with multiple user research methodologies such as Usability Testing, Contextual inquiries, Group Sessions, Participatory Design