We are seeking a senior-level user research specialist with expertise in a broad range of qualitative user research methods including usability testing. The researcher will partner closely with the design team, internal business clients, research peers and vendors.
There are two primary areas of responsibility for this role noted below; these responsibilities require a combination of applying research expertise directly as well as management/oversight of vendor-executed studies.
(1) Leading/managing research studies in collaboration with our trusted research partners (vendors)
In this consultant role, the researcher will engage with one of our trusted research vendors to plan and execute the research (the vendor would be responsible for all deliverables, including screener, discussion guide, moderation, and final report). This should not be confused for an outsourcing model where the work is passed off to a vendor, but rather this is a close collaboration between the internal senior researcher and research vendor from project start to end.
The senior researcher will act as an internal consultant to our business partners to:
• Define research goals
• Outline the study scope
• Identify requirements for research materials (prototypes, etc.)
• Facilitate project completion in collaboration with research vendor
(2) Leading/executing Listening Lab studies
The second primary responsibility includes leading and executing small-scale studies as part of our Listening Lab program. This is a more traditional role in which the researcher partners with business clients and customer experience team and executes all aspects of research.
As a Listening Lab moderator, the researcher will:
• Oversee recruiting
• Define/design the research methodology
• Moderate the study
• Analyze data
• Document research results and make recommendations
• Effectively communicate findings to a broad audience of stakeholders
Candidates Need to Have
* 5 or more years focused experience in usability testing of web and mobile interfaces
* Demonstrated experience with a variety of research methods, including 1-on-1 interviews, card sorts, and field studies.
* Demonstrated experience with the user-centered design process including creating and/or using a variety of artifacts such as personas, scenarios, task flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
* Demonstrated success in conducting research and testing with a wide variety of end users
* Experience with standard research tools including use of Morae software, audio/video set up, remote testing and observation tools (e.g., WebEx), etc.
* Demonstrated ability to speak confidently and persuasively to a senior-level audience
* Proven experience to partner and collaborate within cross-functional teams
* Ability to be self-directed with solid problem-solving skills and quick learning ability
* Ability to operate with flexibility and creativity in research planning given business and technical constraints
* Proven ability to plan and manage several complex projects concurrently
* Advanced analytical skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs