Aquent is the world's largest and most successful boutique staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing field. We place our Talent in contract engagements ranging from 2 days to 2 years! We offer the industry's best benefits that we subsidize dramatically! Medical, dental and vision benefits are available to you after just 30 days and after 90 days you are free to participate in our 401k plan! We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn thousands of dollars just for knowing and referring talented friends!
Our client is a well known leader in the audio equipment industry and they have asked for Aquent's assistance in identifying their next UX PRO. This is a possible CONTRACT TO HIRE position.
Senior User Interaction/Experience Designer
Location- Framingham, MA 01701
Duration- Long term contract engagement. Possible contract to hire.
Hourly pay rate- Depends on Experience
Professional Audio Desktop Software and Professional Audio products (electronics, mixers, portable amplification) HIGHLY PREFERRED
• Lead the development of user experience/interaction design concepts and frameworks based on user research and analysis in support of new and continuing product development efforts
• Develop methods to evaluate concepts from user, stakeholder, and technical/commercial perspectives and present those design proposals to internal audiences and key stakeholders
• Collaborate with industrial designers and graphic designers to ensure superior ease of use of new products
• Work closely with Product Marketing, Field Engineers, and Engineering to understand business and technical constraints and conduct/synthesize ethnographic, behavioral, and competitive product evaluations to identify trends, patterns and core user needs in order to create robust, reliable, and intuitive user interfaces.
• Create interaction design prototypes for internal validation, communication and development reference
• Produce detailed design documentation in formats suitable for use by designers, engineering, SQA, and marketing stakeholders
• Supervise and coordinate the integration of product graphics pertinent to user interactions to ensure consistency with product and experience design strategy
• Collaborate with Engineering to ensure the successful execution of user interface designs and the preservation of design intent in the final product
• Work with technical writers to ensure that the product setup and operation is accurately and clearly described for the target users
• Establish high-level goals, interim milestones and reviews for new product development projects
• Coordinate multiple projects and group resources
• 8-10+ years of rich interface design for Professional Audio Desktop Software and Professional Audio products (electronics, mixers, portable amplification). Mobile applications a plus (iPhone, Android)
• Experience designing and developing for a variety of interaction methods: tactile controls, GUIs, OSDs, and touch controls
• Application of human factors/usability guidelines and assessments in a product design and development environment
• Application of ethnography and user research to synthesize key insights and user needs and translate them to feature requirements
• Ability to communicate and demonstrate user-centric design principle and best practices
• World-class creative, aesthetic and concept development skills; ability to construct prototypes and to sketch and storyboard highly desirable
• Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with user interface prototyping tools
• Command of the interaction designer’s tool kit: user research, user models, prototyping and evaluation methods, wireframes, state tables, feature definition, asset production and management.
• Award-winning portfolio of past work including launched products.
Other useful skills/hobbies:
• Experience with front of house systems or mixing
• Music or video production or editing experience
• Love and appreciation for live or recorded music
Bachelor's or Master’s (preferred) degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, or Human Computer Interaction