Sr User Experience Researcher
As User Experience Researcher, you will be part of a highly collaborative group of creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation. You will gather information to help us revolutionize the way enterprise users experience VMware’s vRealize Product Suite for the Software-Defined Datacenter. In our dynamic Management Suite Business Unit, you have the opportunity to influence cultural change to promote a design-driven culture at VMware.
Using a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods, you will gather and present evidence that drives the improvement of VMware enterprise datacenter and cloud management products. Our goal is to ensure that VMware products deliver our users a meaningful and delightful experience. As a UX researcher, your responsibility will be to ensure that our software lives up to that promise.
As a user researcher you will conduct research and provide credible and defendable data to a cross-functional team that must understand the users’ needs and the reasons for their behavior. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, R&D User Experience, you will work closely with other members of the User Experience team. You will also collaborate closely with both front- and back-end developers, architects and product managers. The user research candidate will be expected to adapt methodologies and frequency of project iterations according to both agile product development environments as well as geographically distributed development team structures.
• In collaboration with interaction designers, developers and user researchers, coordinate and execute all phases of user research, including authoring research documents, developing screeners, recruiting potential participants, developing consent forms, surveys, test plans and interview discussion guides and moderating usability lab sessions, lab setup and consolidation of usability findings database and reports
• Plan, schedule and facilitate smooth-running user studies, interviews, and other related interactions with customers and users in support of user experience team projects
• Creating and maintain project schedules, and advise project teams in planning user research activities
• Act as an excellent liaison between customers, user research participants and our cross-functional product team members at VMware
• Help teams determine best user research methodology to use to meet business objectives
• Create, present and maintain project documentation including research plan, schedule, status and meeting reports, usability findings database and debrief reports
• Partner closely with interaction designers and visual designers in the user experience team to jointly propose and present design improvement recommendations to both development and product management teams
• Prepare research findings deliverables such as reports, presentations, video highlights, storyboards, use cases, personas, etc. as appropriate for each project
• 4+ years experience
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Anthropology, or other comparable social science degree
• Strong verbal and written communications skills coupled with a high attention to detail.
• Excellent observational skills and a great analytical ability.
• Demonstrated experience developing and conducting user research, including lab and field-based user studies, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs and contextual inquiries.
• Demonstrated experience developing personas, scenarios and work flows based on user research.
• Examples from past user research work available for viewing and prepared to present it to our team
• Ability to travel as necessary.
• Technical background or ability to understand complex technical concepts related especially related to Datacenter/Cloud IT
• Expert user of Excel, and usability testing tools such as Morae, UserVue, or other comparable tools.
• Familiarity with OmniGraffle, Adobe Creative Suite applications or other interaction design tools.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Sr User Experience Researcher