The Senior UX/UI Designer must demonstrate expert-level skill and experience, concepting and designing engaging UX, across native iOS & Android apps, digital HMI and responsive web.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas. A thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies is required.
The candidate will have experience as a design lead. This individual should be able to present design concepts and provide sound reasoning and explanation for design decisions, supported by industry research and best practices. They need to be a strong communicator.
The Senior UX/UI Designer will work collaboratively with other team members to understand project goals and deliver best-in-class UX / UI that delivers against business and user needs.
-Collaborate on UX planning with Design Director, Tech Leads and cross-disciplinary teams, to create functional, emotive and highly usable digital experiences.
- Understand user experience and user centered design best practices and apply those practices to achieve user & business goals.
- Understand how motion design is used, in interactive design, and how to fold this into UX and UI development.
- Ability to lead discovery sprints.
- Create elegant information design solutions and supporting documentation including:
- Best practice evaluation
- Design concepts
- UX Maps and User Flow diagrams
- User Journeys
- Research and stay abreast of UX, user-centered design and interaction design trends.
- Share new research, industry trends and insights with team members.
- Advocate for the user, to internal and external clients, at all points in the design process.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years professional UX/UI design experience within a design agency or similar environment, with at least 2+ years at a senior level.
- UX/UI design experience for native and web, for mobile (iOS and Android) devices (HMI experience a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to innovate.
- Expert level proficiency with industry-standard UX/UI design tools, including InVision, Adobe CS and Sketch.
- Experience or high-level understanding of agile methodologies.
VALUABLE ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Drawing/Sketching and white boarding skills.
- Experience with prototyping and prototyping design tools, such as Marvel.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Motion design experience.
BA degree in Interaction Design or related field or equivalent work experience to senior level in interaction design (ultimately though, the work is what we look at).
If you are interested in this role please send us your updated CV and work samples.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs