Senior UX Visual Designer will be an integral member of the Merch &eCommerce Team working with a wide range of stakeholders, business owners, Product Managers, and Development teams on an important project(s) with a high degree of visibility and a significant impact on company Merchant and eCommerce operations. At Staples, you will have the opportunity to apply your design skills to multiple projects with a focus on creative problem solving, tackling complex user experiences problems and execution of design solutions.
As part of a larger team you will be working on projects that support several internal applications, as well as the Global eCommerce sites. Through your visual design and storytelling talent you will align creative execution with business strategy, brand presentation and user experience. You will execute compelling concepts and apply strong visual design while combining an understanding of business objectives across all web and digital properties. You are a confident and passionate individual who can design at a high-level, driving conceptual thinking, and routinely manages multiple projects simultaneously.
• Create engaging & fluid, customer focused designs with all screen sizes in mind
• Partner with the Product Management team, other visual designers and cross-functional creative team leaders
• Stay abreast of evolving industry and emerging trends & technologies
• Take on small, medium and large projects
• Collaborative and excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to work with cross-functional Agile teams.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 3+ years of experience in area of graphic design.
• A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling design perspective, and clean aesthetic.
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch with ability to execute high-level creative designs.
• A strong understanding of user experience design.
• A strong understanding of design principles – typography, color and layout.
• Experience building and evolving a brand for an eCommerce company
• Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
• eCommerce & Mobile skills preferred
• Self-motivation to manage workload, timelines, and expectations of multiple projects with cross-functional Agile teams.
• Above all, must have a great sense of humor as well as a sense of urgency.