Calling all UX Gurus! Our renowned Fortune 100 client is in need of a freelance Sr. UX Researcher & Strategist, 40 hours a week, NYC, 4 months with opportunity to extend.
About This Client:
This Experience Design Team is two years old and has quickly earned a valued place by building a design system from the ground up by being laser-focused on adding value for customers. The team consists of 30 people in three locations: NYC, Charlotte, NC and Houston, TX. The teams are integrated and collaborate on projects that are based around the world. Skills include research, creative technology, content strategy, UX strategy, user experience and visual design.
What’s great is this is a creative agency environment (within a corporation) - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours. Our client is a pioneer in the retirement programs industry, receives 45 Best-in-Class awards for PLANSPONSOR magazine and is proud to embrace diversity as a pillar of their business principles.
What You Will Do:
- As Sr. User Experience (UX) Researcher and Strategist, you will work with high-performing Experience Design (XD) team based in NYC. The project is with an internal business partner that wants to understand its users and to re-imagine the overall digital strategy of the business. The UX Researcher / Strategist will be responsible for defining, validating and shaping the definition and direction of a specific project or solution.
- In addition, you will perform qualitative and quantitative research and know when to recommend which style of research., plan, and moderate user interviews., synthesize findings to provide recommendations and digestible insights.
- In this role, you will create world-class insights and strategies for a wide range of user, business and marketing goals by leading program-level initiatives in partnership with cross-divisional teams and leaders, analyzes data and client feedback in order to make critical design decisions.
- Expertly present and 'sell' design solutions to management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders.
What You Need:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years industry/field experience.
- In-depth knowledge of usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written)
- In-depth knowledge of market research, competitive landscape, and test methods (A/B, multivariate testing).
- Experience solving complex communication problems and designing world-class experiences for large-scale programs; experience in using data (quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform design.
- Expert communication skills (story-telling, visualization) and the ability to get buy-in on those ideas within a large organization.
- Insurance and financial industry knowledge a plus
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com