For this assignment at Aquent's client, we are looking for a talented UX researcher to join a UX team in Seattle to identify and define user needs, translate that into product directions and UX requirement, and work with UX designer, developers, product managers, and other cross functional partners to iterate and optimize the user experience.
The candidate may work on a variety of projects ranging from consumer facing products to complex internal workflow tools. Regardless of projects, the candidate is expected to show a high degree of ownership and autonomy, when it comes to scoping the work, driving results, collaborating cross functionally, pushing product forward and doing right by the user. The candidate will achieve this through deep engagement with stakeholders and customers, forward looking research program that aims to take the product to the next level, and pragmatic execution of high quality work that propels product iteration, and strong advocacy for the user at all times. We look for a candidate with passion for all things UX and sufficient experience of independently scoping projects and driving them through. Ownership, project management, and communication skills are essential.
- Scope, plan, and conduct research independently to define user needs and translate to product directions and UX requirements.
- Collect data and analyze user behavior through benchmark studies, interviews, lab studies, surveys, and other analytics source.
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Scope, plan, and conduct a variety of research studies, including qualitative and quantitative. Tasks include developing research plan in collaboration with stakeholders, drafting screening surveys working with internal research recruiting coordinators, gathering and analyzing user research data, and synthesizing findings into easy to digest formats.
- Collaborate with UX designers to act on the findings from research.
- Disseminate the UX research insights to ensure impact with Engineering, Product, UX design and other partner teams.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Ability to apply the right research methods given problems at hand, including both qualitative and quantitative approach.
- Exceptional mastery and experience of qualitative research skills, such as conducting field visit, contextual inquiry, user interviews, and 1x1 usability studies.
- Statistical knowledge and experience conducting and analyzing surveys
- Proven ability to adapt standard usability methods to situational needs and yield high quality data.
- Experience with complex enterprise workflow tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion and collaboration skills. Relationship building is critical in this role.
- Good project management skills, ability to keep track of multiple projects and make progress based on priority
- Minimum BA or BS in UX Research, Human Factors, Human Computer Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years working in a user experience researcher role, with experience integrating user research into product design and development cycle