Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company, is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to help them understand and solve the world’s toughest energy challenges. This person will work in a company that values user experience and will be part of a corporate community of a few dozen UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging scientific and engineering software with highly technical problems, and you have strong skills in user research and communication, this may be the perfect job for you!
Activities and Skills:
- Must possess a wide breadth of research techniques to help select the right research method for the information needed.
- Lots of generative research, including leading user interviews and contextual inquiries, sometimes working alone, but more often partnering with subject matter experts, designers, and developers who will “ride along” with you to learn about the business the users.
- Will also perform evaluative research, including planning and moderating usability tests for paper prototypes, electronic mock-ups, and implemented applications. These will mostly be conducted in the onsite usability lab, but also in the field.
- Lead the analysis and synthesis of the research findings. Your ability to present clear, visual depictions of the people, the work, and the problems, so that you can work as a team to build solutions that improve those things, will be crucial to the success of this role.
- You will use your writing and visual communications skills to bring the research discoveries alive. Team members and executives will rely on you to make the research real so that the business and stakeholders can take the appropriate action.