Our renowned Fortune 500 insurance client, who has been helping clients stay ahead of risk since 1919, is looking for a talented freelance Sr. UX Product Designer to work onsite, 40 hours a week at their NYC location, 6 months with opportunity to extend. This is a totally cool, high energy, creative agency environment - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours.
This opportunity requires someone who is a natural leader: proactive and inspiring. Our Client is especially interested in candidates who have a proven track record of success, developing inspiring and functional products for web, mobile, and native platforms.
What You Will Do:
- As Sr. UX Product Designer, you will lead projects to turn tools that just work into intuitive experiences by working on complex problems and push the work to new heights.
- As a Sr. UX Product Designer, you will think about what features the apps, web applications, and digital devices will have, what will it make stand out from competitors, what are the most critical features, how will they work and integrate into the existing platform.
- You will work closely with UX UI and Visual Designers to create a clear picture of how the digital products will evolve and gather feedback on features once they're out in the wild.
- In addition, you will lead engagements and teams of other designers to build the next generation of tools and experiences.
- Define and execute user research projects and conducting user feedback sessions.
- You will be comfortable working in an iterative process, collaboratively sketch with designers, product managers, and developers, create wire-frames, flows, and mixed-fidelity prototypes; create beautiful, high fidelity mock-ups that extend the existing visual design system.
What You Need:
- An impressive, strong, inventive portfolio demonstrating functional, simple, and delightful user interfaces
- Expertise with Sketch, experience using and helping to further develop Pattern libraries
- Proven to work well in team environments
- Exceptional ability to story-tell, presenting work, ideas, synthesizing findings and next steps
- 6-9 years visual, UX, and/or product design experience; agency experience a plus, knowledge of HTML and CSS a huge plus.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com