Senior UX Develooer
Onsite, temp to perm in Waltham, MA
Start date: ASAP
This is a DEVELOPMENT role but we want someone who understands the designer verbiage!
The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering customer insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
Our client in Waltham, MA is looking for a passionate UX Developer to join their growing User Experience Team. Help us redefine their experience with a focus on online marketing tools, Social Media solutions, social APIs and user-centered design. They're a talented and passionate design team focused on delivering totally new, world-class experiences for their customer’s. If you’re a like minded visual genius with a talent for Interaction Design, and a knack for writing production ready client side code we would love to talk with you!
· Work collaboratively with Interaction Designers, UX developers, internal Product Managers, and engineers to develop visually appealing, pleasurable, and leading-edge user interface designs for Our online marketing tools and social media features
· Establish, document and persist design patterns and style guides in Our component library and style guide
· Maintain cutting-edge knowledge of current and emerging web technologies, including HTML 5, CSS 3 and mobile platforms
· Deliver visually appealing web designs, which leverage color, flow, typography, iconography, and layout
Requirements & Qualifications:
· A portfolio demonstrating intelligent problem solving with the ability to execute beautiful and usable interface designs
· A degree in a related field such as graphic design, visual communication, computer science or related professional experience
· 6-9 years of experience designing complex, multi user interfaces for leading edge, large commercial, SaaS websites.
· Knowledgeable about social media applications and tools; experience designing online social media tools is a plus.
· Proficient in web design best practices, usability techniques, and the technical capabilities and limitations of the web
· Advanced knowledge of CS4 (Illustrator, Photoshop and Fireworks for creating design comps.)
· Experience with Client side Performance best practices and known issues
· Experience with large Java, and J2EE web-based applications; or experience on other multi tiered, dynamic; object oriented server platforms like Ruby or .Net….
· Ability to solve cross-browser issues as well as investigate and troubleshoot complex CSS, JS and HTML bugs, Firebug should be your friend
· Understand HTML email rendering issues in clients such as Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo
· Ability to reproduce design intent with a high degree of fidelity
· Experience working collaboratively with Interaction Designer, Product Owners and Developers
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced agile environment.
· You must be a motivated self-starter and able to efficiently manage your time
· Excellent interpersonal skills, team player and have good communication skills, both written and verbal
**Be prepared to show some pages or sites you feel proud have been involved with!
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior UX Develooer