Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads UX/UI Design projects for web, mobile, tablets and in-vehicle head-units, working both individually and in a team;
• When leading a team, effectively motivates, manages and assigns priorities and workloads to the team;
• Listens to clients needs and assists in translating them into requirements documents;
• Leads and develops all stages of the User Experience and User Interface including case-scenarios, user flows, information architecture, wireframes, interaction models, storyboards and assets preparation;
• Creates world-class UIs, visuals and layouts that support and reinforces our product vision, brand, and business objectives
• Ability to lead projects, including defining deliverables, timelines, budget and staff requirement;
• Introduces, develops, and ensures best design practices and processes are in place ;
• Advocates for customers and integrates user research in the design process;
• Illustrates a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills;
• Maintains deliverable schedules for timely completion of projects;
• Maintains knowledge of industry-wide changes in design philosophy and new tools and technologies being used for digital/online design;
• Liaises with clients, stakeholders and the development team during all stages of the project
• Flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
• Able to mentor and inspire junior staff.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
• 5+ years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design
• 2+ years successfully leading junior designers
• Online or PDF portfolio
Requirements and General Skills:
• Superior design skills; proficient in designing digital applications for the web and mobile devices;
• Demonstrated ability of leading persuasive presentations;
• Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes;
• Knowledge of all creative tools used by digital and print designers;
• Extensive experience and proficiency with visual/graphic design and interaction design.
• Able to travel
o Experience with prototyping digital applications;
o Experience on managing or supporting usability test sessions, as well synthesizing the feedback into action points;
o Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and current practices for responsive design;
o Experience within the automotive and/or connected-vehicle and/on infotainment sector;
o Experience with different interaction modes (touch, voice, gestures, steering-switch commands).
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Proven skills in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• High level of proficiency in AxureRP
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)