Senior Designer, User Experience
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Supports and leads User Experience strategy and innovation by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling customer experiences; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing compelling artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in user experience design and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Mentors Associate Designers and Designers in day-to-day User Experience design methodology and principles by providing guidance on project- based design tasks; and creating educational design modules for the User Experience practice curriculum.
- Supports the continuous improvement of and leads the creation of user experience tools, documentation, and processes by maintaining holistic viewpoint when tackling project decisions; defining solutions frameworks from a scalable and global viewpoint; contributing to the evolution of site standards; collecting feedback and industry research standards; and providing recommendations.
- Manages user experience design, prototyping, and specification writing projects by proposing and leading project definition activities; working with other project team members to define methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving the creation of designs, prototypes, and specifications that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; working with Engineering leads to determine the effectivness of solutions; producing detailed design documentation and other specifications required to implement design; working with product manager and team to define documentation scope; reviewing project product requirements document (PRD) to ensure correct translation of design; and providing quality assurance (QA) feedback to and consultation with HTML, Engineering, and Product Management teams prior to launch.
- Creates the user experience designs (for example, user interface design comps, visual design specs, prototypes) for complex and comprehensive initiative-level projects by leading project design definition activities; defining methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving creation of designs and specs that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; and working with Engineering leads to determine the effectiveness of solutions.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers/members. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer/member service. - --- Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, and insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
- Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
- Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
- Influence and Communicate: Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ethics and Compliance: Model Ethics and Compliance - Complies with policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures.
- Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one's area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
- Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and functional areas to discover new perspectives.
Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior. Enters and locates information on computer. Presents information to small or large groups and individuals. Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment. Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer. Visually verifies information, often in small print.
Reads information, often in small print.
Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays. Travels internationally to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring extended overnight stays.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Designer, User Experience