Our client, an international Fortune 500 technology & telecom giant, is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join a brand new team they are developing.
About this role:
Designers contribute their unique perspective and technical expertise in research, product strategy, interface architecture, and/or visual systems design throughout the full duration of projects with appreciation and eagerness to learn and lead.
As a Senior Designer you will lead the end-to-end UX work stream, designing brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
What you’ll be doing:
● Define the structure, navigation and functionality of digital products to support a customer’s path through a system and ensure satisfying interactions and an overall experience that transforms customers into advocates.
● Partner with IT, Business, and Research leads to gain an understanding of business, technical, and end user needs to help define and defend strategy for design solutions.
● Create, and maintain UX/UI design documentation including system maps, task flows, wireframes, annotated screens, and prototypes to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development.
● Partner with design researchers to define research goals and create stimuli for use in in-person and remote sessions, leveraging learnings to inform design iterations.
● Partner with IT to understand technical constraints and opportunities, ensuring designs are implementable, scalable, and accessible.
● Partner with strategic business leads to ensure clear two-way gathering and distribution of business intelligence and requirements.
● Facilitate work sessions that drive ideation and present design work to team members, stakeholders, and leadership.
What we’re looking for:
● 4+ years experience designing and launching a diverse range of digital products (apps, websites, and software) across platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop, and connected devices), ideally for large audiences, and a portfolio of impressive work.
● Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communication Design, or related discipline.
● Expertise in core design skills including the development of scalable design systems, intuitive interaction models, information architecture, user flows, pattern guides, motion graphic studies and product features.
● Strong information design communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation.
● Strengths in secondary areas such as prototyping, front end development, user research, visual design, prototyping, service design, and/or content strategy.
● Familiarity with human-centered design methodologies, empathy for end users, and passion for teaching and learning from others to shape process and culture.
● Expertise in core design and prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, Flinto, and Figma with an interest in exploring new tools and processes.
● Ability to work out of the two New York offices (13 Crosby & 140 West) with some work days in Basking Ridge, NJ.