Aquent's client - a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company in Seattle, WA is looking for a talented contract UX Designer to join the UX team in Seattle for 15+ months to work with our UX Researcher team to help identify and define user needs, and work with our developers, product managers, and other cross functional partners to iterate and optimize the user design.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside the core product team, to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Responsibly and effectively advocate for users in a fast-paced, incubator climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership with the team that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Lead creative and holistic thinking from the ground up for experience and features cross multiple products.
- Organize process and people in order to align on UX vision of a great end to end user experience.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the vision over time.
- Minimum BA or BS in interaction design, Human Factors, Human Computer Engineering or related fields
- 5+ Years of experience in UX Design
- Skilled in Interaction Design, Visual Design, and light UX prototyping
- A strong portfolio of work samples showcasing UX prowess, systems thinking, creativity, and depth of thought for robust mobile and web applications.
- Mobile design experience
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Experience working on products with complex dependencies (integration with other products, multiple user types and branches)
- Experience conducting user research or collaborating with UX research
- Effectiveness in working across ambiguous organizational boundaries to define, manage and design multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and overcome time constraints to produce design proofs of concepts and/or concept prototypes
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Leadership and a collaborative and innovative spirit are a must.