Aquent's client a provider of digital entertainment is seeking a Senior UX Designer for a full-time/direct hire role.
Our client offers the latest and highest quality games, video, and music content through their Network while also delivering third-party services. In addition, they provide a compelling consumer experience through innovative content discovery features and a simple user interface that is globally consistent, yet locally relevant.
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will work to define the user model and user interface for new and existing enterprise applications and tools. You will develop high level and/or detailed storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. The UX Designer will negotiate design-related requirements and play an active lead role in the feedback and iteration cycle. You will participate in user testing to auge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
The Sr. UX Designer must have solid writing skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely through technical specifications. You'll work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, Senior Management, and regional stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle. They are looking for a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment.
· Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
· Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
· Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
· Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
· Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
· Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense
· Expertise using Microsoft Office, Visio, Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping software
· Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Ajax, Flash and other emerging internet application technologies
· Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD)
· Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
· Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating 6+ years of user experience and visual design work
UX Design / Human Factors Engineering / Product Management
· Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus
· Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices a plus
· Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
· Familiarity with the agile software development process is a plus
· Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus