We are searching for a UI Software Engineer to help bring our next AAA, next-generation user experience to life!
We work primarily in C++, using a highly modified version of Unreal Engine 4. Our UI content is authored using Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG), a state-of-the-art UI Framework, giving us the power to make our UI a best-in-class showpiece for XBOX and Windows games. Your job will be to architect and build the systems which allow our team of artists and designers to shine, with a focus on performance and iteration speed.
The UI team is uniquely poised to have a huge impact on our projects. We are often the driving force behind large features, both in the frontend and in gameplay. We are a diverse set of developers with backgrounds in web, VR, mobile, and games (both hardcore and casual) brought together by a shared passion for delivering unparalleled user experiences!
Our team is part of the Multiplayer team so we are deeply integrated with everything online and Multiplayer. We are different from other UI teams in the large impact we have on features outside of UI, such as gameplay, frontend, etc. We are the ones often pitching the features. The focus will be building systems for the UI Art and design team. There are 5 of us (Engineers), and about 10-12 people on the larger UI team (close knit team).
- 2-6 years of game or user interface development experience
- Experience with C++ is a requirement.
- Experience with multi-threaded architectures preferred.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices.
- Experience shipping at least three professional projects is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience/education.
- Self-starter who works well with a cross-disciplinary team.
- Approaches solutions with end user in mind.
- Dynamic problem solver.
- Enjoys sharing technical designs in a group setting.
- Able to work in a large, established code base.