Aquent is the world's largest and most successful boutique staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing field. We place our Talent in contract and contract to hire engagements ranging from 2 days to 2 years! We offer the industry's best benefits including medical, dental and vision as well as a 401k plan! Our Talent rave about these subsidized benefits! We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn thousands of dollars just for knowing and referring talented friends!
Position- Senior Tradeshow and Event Manager
Type- Employee of Aquent working at our client in a full time position
Work is to be done onsite. Remote is not an option.
Local candidates only please
Annual salary range- DOE
Benefit- Benefits and PTO eligible
Our client is a leader in the electronics and semiconductor field and they’ve asked for our help identifying a SENIOR CONFERENCE & TRADESHOW MANAGER. Qualified candidates will have worked on tradeshows like CES. You must have experience developing tradeshows for thousands of attendees.
Wanted: creative problem solver with 10 or more years of experience planning events and tradeshows. Must love to collaborate but also be disciplined enough to work independently. Multi-tasking is a must-have and flexibility abounds. Like big corporate America? We like you, too. We are less bureaucracy, more big-thinking. We love to work strategically with our internal partners to make our Fortune 500 Company shine.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a confident, experienced, take-charge professional with ability to manage relationships, vendors, logistics, financial and administrative tasks. The ability to travel (30-40%) is required (domestic and potentially international) and the candidate must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed during heavy planning periods.
• Negotiate hotel and tradeshow contracts, arrange food and beverage, audio visual, equipment and signage, order tradeshow services
• Conduct research on event sites, potential tradeshows, giveaways, etc.
• Create and revise room layouts or tradeshow floor plans
• Work with vendors, secure estimates, and finalize billing at close of show or event
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
• Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Prepare event and tradeshow estimates, track expenses and prepare actuals at completion
• Schedule events on the appropriate calendars and internal systems
• Create registration sites using SharePoint or Certain Registration
• Bachelor’s degree required; CMP strongly preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once with excellent organization skills and little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills while demonstrating professionalism
• Proficient using the web to conduct research, as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint and Certain Registration software is a plus.