- Participate in brainstorms to identify plastic and plush toy concepts in line with FPB strategies and Licensor parameters.
- Create sketches and renderings of new concepts for team meetings and presentations using 2-D digital programs.
- Prepare control drawings using digital programs, and/or oversee vendors in preparation of control drawings, taking engineering requirements and manufacturing into consideration.
- Product manage internal and external model shops in the development of breadboards, mechanisms and prototypes.
-Ability to conceptualize and communicate toy functions and basic electronic play patterns for simple and medium complexity toys
-Work closely with Content dept. and make suggestions regarding concepts for preliminary scripts and music.
-Work closely with Marketing, Engineering and Electronic Engineering throughout entire product development process.
- Understand packaging parameters as they effect product specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of cost packages.
-Manage daily correspondence with Asia Development Team.
-Assist in preparing for and presenting products at line reviews.
- Skill in brainstorming and ideation with strong sketching and rendering skills.
-Ability to generate fully dimensioned control drawings.
-Knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, Vellum and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Solid works or other 3D programs is beneficial.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining quality and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
-Self-starter with a proactive approach to work and the ability to work independently.
-Ability to communicate 3-dimensionally through Foamcore and other materials.
- BA in Industrial Design or Fine Arts.
- 3-5 years toy design experience (pre-school toy design experience highly preferred).
-Experience with both plastic and soft goods preferred.
- Experience with licensed product is highly preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs