Are you a technical writer with experience in cloud infrastructure, automation, or DevOps? Can you write accurate, clear documentation? Do you enjoy coaching non-writers to write clearly? Have you used or documented automated development and testing pipelines? Ever used, contributed, or documented open source? Then you might enjoy joining the team that is documenting the latest trends within this organization.
Our client is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join the Internal Documentation team to help document this company’s amazing technology. A successful candidate for this role will be responsible for writing and organizing critical information for use internally, bringing services to the cloud, using open source code, and documenting development pipelines (CI/CD). Short term at first, but who knows where this will lead.
- Create technical documents, diagrams, process documents, and presentations
- Write a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses
- May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document
- May lead and direct the work of others
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Work with top cloud experts to document a revolution at the company
- Top three skills would be 1.) solid writing, 2.) learning quickly, 3.) technical skills such as DevOps experience, development pipeline, APIs, or automation
- 3-4+ years of experience minimum, as a technical writer, writing about highly technical subjects
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Capable of performing a variety of tasks
- Desired skills and experience include Atlassian Confluence, Swagger, automated pipeline development, and documenting APIs
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area