The Technical Writer will create clear and concise documentation for users, staff, developers, and potential prospects of our platforms. Be responsible for keeping the user guides up to date, create conceptual overviews, integration guides, marketing documentation, and compose sample code. Will have an opportunity to influence our documentation strategy and drive improvements into our documentation processes.
The Senior Technical Writer is essential to making our client's technology accessible to a range of audiences. The Senior Technical Writer will both create content as well as polish content produced by authors of varying writing and technical expertise into customer ready documentation. Documentation produced is used by both internal and external customers to increase understanding of the client's products and how to implement them.
The Technical Writing team works across teams and disciplines at our client to create accurate, professional documentation of the products and features the client delivers to the marketplace. This team both writes and reviews content and maintains our documentation library.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, Develop, and implement customized technical documents.
• Gather information about needs, objectives, functions, features and requirements of their products.
• Learn and document software features as they are being developed.
• Research, scope, and manage documentation projects.
• Document and publish updates to our Product, User, and API guides.
• Document and publish our integrations with various partner technologies.
• Provide workflow/scenario examples on how to use our APIs.
• Work with Marketing and Product teams to create documentation that can be published externally.
• Act as mentor to less senior technical writers and team members to increase writing skills and convey best practices.
• Support the vision and values of the company and the team through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
• Assist in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of experience writing and architecting technical documentation, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous experience working in an agile development model.
• Experience writing documentation using a markup language capable of publishing multiple formats. (Madcap Flare, MultiMarkdown, etc.)
• Ability to understand existing documentation architecture and apply to new documentation sets.
• Strong understanding of API technologies: JSON and XML-RPC or similar.
• Ability to drive documentation/workflow requirements through a diverse set of stakeholders.
• Proven track record of working both independently and within a team.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.