* The Senior Technical Artist is responsible for executing the artistic vision of the project and applying their experience directly to the creation of solid artist-driven workflows, automation tools, content pipelines, and asset management that are vital for the art team to deliver highest quality industry content.
* Additionally, the Senior Technical Artist needs to be able to work in multiple areas of the art and design departments and be able to understand the needs of each unique area.
* Responsible for identifying, implementing or inventing the correct technical approach to be able to render the Creative Director’s and Art Director’s visions on target
* Be a positive and creative force in the team
* Responsible for working with and seeking feedback from peers and leads
* Proactively share information with the technical art staff across the studio to improve their craft and be successful.
* Provide unique solutions to improve the creative process in a collaborative environment
* Support the content creation teams with tools, workflow, and pipelines to aid generation and implementation
* Contribute to a smooth pipeline from outsourcers to game engine
* Meet project deadlines and milestones
* Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills. This position works with engine developers, designers, and artists.
* Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work
* Passion for invention, real-time technology, and amazing user experiences
* A fundamental understanding of digital art processes and production - how do artists and designers work? How can we make their lives easier and unleash their creative potential?
* 6+ years as professional artist or equivalent experience
* 3+ years in a team lead capacity
* Deep understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development.
* Minimum of at least one current console generation title as a Senior Technical Artist
* Proficient with professional 3D software for content production across multiple disciplines including 3D modeling, texture production, animation, rigging, A.I. and audio. (Maya, Motion Builder, Cinema4D, Zbrush and Creative Suite, especially).
* High capacity to learn new hardware, software tools and processes.
* Coding, workflow tools and script authoring experience that has reduced the cost of in-house or outsourced content production and pushed creative iteration (including C#/Python/MEL/Adobe ExtendScript/DirectX Shaders (HLSL), etc).
* Familiarity with modern game engines: Unreal/Unity; Core CG generalist skillset
* Modeling, UV/Texturing, Rigging, Lighting/Rendering
* Experience with middleware content pipelines a plus.
* Unity expertise highly desired
* High school diploma or GED at a minimum required.
* AA/BFA preferred, or at least can demonstrate through portfolio an industry standard level of art, communication skills and professional maturity.
* All candidates must deliver a full resume with samples to be considered for this position.
* Portfolio review required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs