My client is a successful and innovative global start-up, backed by world-class venture capital firms, with HQ between Paris and London and they have international teams in Madrid, Milan, Warsaw, Hamburg, Moscow, Budapest, Istanbul and New Delhi.
They are creating an entirely new, people powered, transport network. With dedicated customer service, state of the art web and mobile platforms, and a highly engaged community of users, the Company is making road travel fun, money-saving and more efficient.
Being part of our team means:
- You will have a positive social impact on the world, as we continue to make road travel smarter and more sustainable
- You will work in a fast-paced environment with a highly agile team of dynamic, hyper-motivated and talented individuals
- You will join a global company, with a real international culture and vision; multi-lingual and highly mobile
- You will be part of a supportive team that shares knowledge and empowers every single member to reach their full potential, and continue learning
- You will enter a high-growth structure, which means that you will be constantly challenged and that your responsibilities will grow fast and change regularly.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate, flexible, experienced copywriter with a strong commercial sense, to join a best-in-class, in-house creative team in a fast growing, global, innovative, online business. Your work will directly support global company growth and strategic and marketing goals, and your day-to-day work will focus on delivering measurable results against business goals. If you've ever wanted the scope of your work to go beyond the words, then this is the role for you.
The Company’s in-house digital marketing team is one of the best in Europe, and a smart, agile in-house marketing design process is a major contributing factor to that success. We use no advertising agencies - all our content is developed, and almost all is produced in-house! We are now looking for an experienced copywriter to continue to help drive ever-more efficient global content production solutions for hyper-growth.
Working collaboratively with the global/central creative team and with local teams in each market, you will create a messaging framework for our marketing used on a global level, for online and offline. As well as being a major contributor to creating deliverables for global multichannel marketing, you will help define and develop global creative content strategy.
- Ideate digital acquisition campaigns (social media, banner display) for both customer profiles, work with designers to deliver these as self serve campaigns and create messaging toolkits to accompany campaign use in any global market.
- Manage, and help source, local copywriting freelancers in every market, ensure they are aligned with brand vision, creative and operational excellence standards and value-for-money.
- Identify improvements & innovations (team organisation, briefing, tools and processes, planning) to drive efficiency and effectiveness, reduce costs and/or increase speed of production
- Help train and develop the global creative team to constantly drive excellence and strive to better meet business goals
- Experience of managing third-party agencies or providers highly valued
- Creative/marketing copywriting experience with a great portfolio to show, notably:
- At least some digital work
- Strong concept work required (your work will be adapted to local languages, so ideas can not be language based, they must be concept based)
- Direct marketing or sales collateral (or other highly commercial work) a plus, you need to know how to sell stuff!
Skills and education
- Formal marketing education a significant plus
- A confident and impactful communicator, able to clearly explain strategic concepts and goals to team members and collaborators Perfect understanding of the Company’s strategic goals, business, marketing and product
- Passionate, patient, committed, creative project manager, able to get others on board, inspire, guide and mentor successfully.
- Comfort working in a start up culture with a high growth/agile environment, a fearless problem-solver with a can-do approach who embraces constant change.
- Second and third languages appreciated, as this is useful to develop cultural empathy and sensitivity.
To succeed in this role you will be a mature conceptual copywriter who seeks the ‘what's in it for them’ and has a strong understanding of marketing/sales logic behind every piece of content. You will be proactive, enjoy developing and coaching a team, and be able to balance doing creative work whilst simultaneously managing people and projects. In the global team we are all player and coach at the same time. You are inspired by tackling real-world business problems on a global scale, not creating art for the sake of it, or "award-winning work" to impress creative juries (creative industry recognition is not our measure of success, we are building a business!).
Strong knowledge of digital marketing is a plus. Please note that, the role is 100% focused on marketing content - NOT onsite copy.
Travel to local offices to build team relationships with local colleagues and understand local market challenges will be vital.
We will require all applications to be accompanied with a cover letter.
Please note, only candidates with a meaningful cover letter, citing SPECIFIC motivation to join our fantastic team will be considered.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs