The Senior Specialist of Strategy & Planning is both internally- and externally-focused on developing & presenting strategic marketing solutions, including planning and ideation efforts, for both existing and potential Marketing Solutions clients.
This person has a consumer-first mindset, and is widely knowledgeable on a wide array of both online and offline experiences, technologies and trends. It is expected that this person will leverage this knowledge to offer appropriate marketing solutions to account teams and their client constituents.
Primary responsibilities include interacting as a key strategic and planning point of contact for client services/account teams, communicating and advocating effectively to clients and prospective clients, managing direct reports, and discovering/introducing emerging platforms, technologies and opportunities for consumers to interact with to enhance their value within their journey.
Additionally, this position will help build Customer Experience Journeys for our clients, partners, and internal stakeholders. As part of the Customer Experience Journey development process, this candidate will need to create competitive overviews, Personas, and various layers of the journey depending on the client audience.
This person works closely with the Sr. Director of Strategy, the Director of Engagement Strategy, and the rest of the Strategy & Planning team within Marketing Solutions.
• Provide strategic development activity for assigned accounts within the agency. Ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in an efficient and timely manner. Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client business.
• Minimally 5-6 years of overall experience, with a minimum of 3-4 years experience in digital marketing, and at least 2+ years developing digital strategies and plans.
• Ensure strong collaborative relationship within the groups and externally with key agency and client partners to consistently elevate the quality of thinking and ideas applied to the client business.
• Support an integrated group of marketing channel managers (email, DM) in the delivery of all requirements to support the growth and development of all client business.
• Collaborate with clients and give them deeper insights into the dynamics of their business through the development of disciplined and thorough sales, marketing, and consumer analyses.
• Experience working at a digital agency, preferably in a traditional planning role.
• Ability to have thrived in cross-functional teams.
• Must be a strong communicator and team leader.
• Must have experience in helping build and implement consumer strategies.
• Actively grow abilities and skill through formal training programs, mentor ship and hands on learning.
• Actively support new business activity where required.
• Bachelors/MBA degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• A strong work ethic and passion for each and every project is a must.
• Must engage the office culture promoting interactive knowledge and creativity.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be a solid problem solver and positive partner for account and management team.
• Demonstrated experience with marketing and communicating in bleeding edge digital channels
• Strong relationship building skills, including negotiation & executive interaction, ability to coach others
• Project management
• Ability to develop a business vision for social media, including goals & results
• Experience with big brand clients
• Strong organizational skills
• Flexible communication skills: Strong editorial writer. Is able to present needs and plans and communicate internally, has a distinct, personable voice for external engagement. Can manage negative situations toward positive outcomes.
• Experienced manager: is able to manage budget and a team
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs