Do you have a passion for creating new functionality that never existed before? Do you like to add your personal touch to the software development life cycle? Aquent is currently sourcing for a Senior Software Engineer, courtesy of one of our innovative and well-respected, Fortune 500 clients, local to the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago local to Wheeling, IL. The ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team of developers in an Agile environment, Agile XP strongly preferred, who are responsible for building new and support existing websites. You will need to have a background in creative engineering balanced with a high quality of customer focus. You must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Understand challenges of large-scale cloud deployment and upgrade, as well as, resource allocation
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs such as; conferring with users, studying system flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Research, design, test, implement and educate delivery area teams on the latest open source software, technologies and methodologies
- Design and innovate technologies for effective resource allocation, fast application deployment and zero downtime upgrade
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Deliver rapidly iterative new design or new architecture POC and platform production releases