Senior Software Architect
As a Senior Software Architect, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to address real market problems. You will work closely with product managers, user interaction designers, software engineers and other architects to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. A strong candidate must be able to independently design major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex software modulescomponents and services. They will be expected to lead in the design and implementation of large scale modules and systems.
• Designing scalable, extensible, reliable, maintainable, inter-operable infrastructuresoftware systems, optimized hardware and software configurations, and enabling rapid deployment of new frameworkssolutions.
• Designing modular components of a distributed data processing and management infrastructure that spans multiple technologies, including Hadoop, an Enterprise Data Warehouse, and extreme-volume data movement and management platforms.
• Segmenting and designing major and minor system modules to support componentized and high performance parallel applications, including service command and communications infrastructure, I/O subsystems, metadata services, administrative and user interfaces, and client APIs.
• Working with other Engineers, Architects, Managers, Product Managers, QA, and Operations teams to design and implement innovative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
• Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
• Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
• Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
• Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
• Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
• At least 5 years’ experience in large designs and coordinating project teams
• At least 5 years of Java programming experience
• Experience in SaaS or PaaS architectures is a strong plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Software Architect