To Start ASAP
Will consider notice period
The Small and Medium Business and Distribution team is a newly formed group, which combines customer marketing and channel marketing expertise. It is focused on driving customer and reseller revenues in the unmanaged customer segment. The team is responsible for driving customer campaigns including product launches and connecting that demand to the reseller channel who are able to convert that demand into sales. All sales in this space are transacted through our Commercial Distribution partners.
Have overall accountability for the SMB Segments Sales operations. This will require specific subject knowledge of the Microsoft licensing programs and gain specialist knowledge of Microsoft internal processes.
This role is an integral role to the success of the business and the success candidate will be required to have a breadth of experience, tenacity to work through processes in order to drive the required goal and be intrinsically motivated to have an impact for the broader Microsoft channel.
The Small and Medium Business group within the Small and Midmarket Solutions & Partners (SMS&P) group manages the subsidiary SMB business strategy and execution for our SMB Commercial customers (including Public Sector), with the goal of achieving revenue, increasing market share, and increasing Customer & Partner Experience (CPE) by driving excitement within the segment and channel for MS products and solutions.
The SMB group is accountable to driving >$500m in revenue for MS products and solutions through the key SMB channels. The group is also accountable for building the market momentum for cloud adoption in the SMB space – especially public cloud (Office 365, CRM and Intune), as well as continuing to drive growth in the SMB private cloud/ hosting business.
The market for cloud based services in the SMB customer is predicted to move rapidly in the next 3 years. The role of the SMB lead in driving cloud adoption is to lead both direct and through key channel partner customer acquisition.
Key Priorities / Accountabilities
• Engage with various stakeholders to proactively manage requests. (Product Groups, Processing departments & licensing executives) from our Partner Channel (VAR & Distributers).
• Processing of credits, transfer and general sales queries.
• Proactive programme & price changes communications.
Promotions and Special Deal Requests.
• Engagement with central licensing team and SMB Leadership Team for proactive promotions calendar.
• Monthly communications to distribution/VARs on promotions.
• Support on overall channel incentive programs.
• Appreciation of Microsoft Managed Reseller Incentive & Distribution.
• Ownership of processing and setting up of additional local Channel Incentives Programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1. Essential Experience
a. Financial and/or Operations
b. Channel Partner Experience (DMR/Scale/VAR/Disti)
2. Personal Attributes
Driven person who is passionate about winning over the competition. Exceptional organizational skills (ideally project management experience). Interpersonal skills are key for the role to ultimately be an agile cross company influencer. Excellent communication skills. Ability to listen, distill issues and provide leadership style feedback
3. Qualifications University degree of equivalent experience. Project Management professional qualification would be preferable
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs