Are you passionate about innovation and staying informed to help keep your skills sharp? Do you enjoy opportunities on working with other like minded individuals with the same goals? Does working with many different projects, while still keeping a great work-life balance intrigue you? If so, our National Non-Profit client is looking for a Senior SEO Specialist for their Digital Content team. You’ll report to the Senior Editor of Digital Content and work alongside a staff of content writers and digital editors to produce competitive results. We are looking for a passionate leader to champion SEO best practices for their website, identify growth opportunities for their stakeholders and inform their overall content strategy for the website. You must also have a passion for our cilent's mission: Empowering People to Choose How They Live as They Age.
• Define requirements for page/site structure and develop and execute content strategies that will result in discovery of the brand’s content in search engines while driving traffic to the brand’s site
• Actively drive and execute daily SEO activities with cross functional teams
• Manage, track and report SEO and content discovery KPIs
• Ideate, plan and execute cross-platform content to increase traffic to the website and improve engagement with content. Inform campaigns by helping identify critical search topics and when they will resonate most with the audience.
• Work with digital content and product development teams to develop and execute in-depth plans for structural optimization of the site
• Constantly monitor best practices and developments in the search engine landscape.
• Make recommendations for search engine optimization and content promotion.
• Use data driven approach to solve problems, set goals and break new ground with innovative thinking
Knowledge and Skills Required
A proven content discovery and SEO expert, the Senior SEO Specialist will drive growth and engagement of various audience segments across a number of key programs through website, mobile, and social channels. The Senior SEO Specialist will work within a matrixed organization, own and manage daily SEO and content discovery initiatives for the website.
• Demonstrated success in an SEO role at a medium to large size media or communications company
• Expertise in SEO, keyword research, content strategies and content marketing.
• Experience working with business owners to develop a deep understanding of customer needs.
• Exceptional skill at clear, concise, and compelling communication.
• Strong analytical background to seek data-driven rigor in decision-making.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Pro-active self-starter and a “can do” problem solver who thrives with hard challenges and approaches problems with a data driven mindset
• Passionate about the search industry with deep understanding of the landscape
• Fast thinker and smart strategist who diligently tests and optimizes to achieve goals
• Proven track record working with cross-functional teams in executing SEO and content marketing related tasks and initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with leadership and others across an organization while managing and setting expectations
• Extremely organized and detail oriented
• Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, website optimization and A/B testing tools and industry-leading SEO tools
• Deep understanding of digital marketing, publisher and media landscape
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
• 3+ years direct and hands-on experience executing digital and/or social media channels for large brands, private or public organizations.
• Previous work for a medium to large non-profit is a plus.