Manager level position responsible for creating commercially viable product designs for mid to high volume categories/collections, typically with a focus on our core business. Presents and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines. Researches and interprets fashion trends and consumer needs that uphold the integrity of the product lines/brand. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on managerial skills to plan and accomplish goals. Manages works under minimal supervision, exercising a moderate degree of scope/decision-making. Reports to Director level or above, and typically manages a small team at the Assistant/Associate level.
• Create brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
• Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, fit and fabric.
• Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization.
• Implement processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs.
• Deliver product designs with flawless execution; achieving goals with speed, agility and acute attention to detail.
• Identify and recommend resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and conduct ongoing competitor research/trend analysis.
• Collaborate and communicate with key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Marketing, and Product Development.
• Present designs to internal leader/team as well as key cross-functional partners.
• Execute design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications.
• Anticipate/solve potential issues and provide conflict resolution.
• Manage, inspire and develop junior design talent.
• Build/maintain collaborative and effective relationships.
• Assess practices to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and speed in delivery.
• Ensure deliverables meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
• Exceptional talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance.
• Demonstrated ability to create original design sketches and successful product lines.
• Customer service philosophy.
• Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
• Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
• Solid communication and presentation skills.
• Understand how to motivate and develop talent.
• Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility.
• Flexible and creative problem solver.
• Personal professionalism and accountability.
• Moderate domestic and minimal international travel.
• Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of design experience in a comparable retail environment.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.