AQUENT is seeking for a Senior Project Manager to work on a long term assignment with one of our Fortune 500 client located in Owings Mills, MD. The selected candidate must have medium to large size high impact projects of moderate to high complexity. Individuals in this role must effectively partner with sponsors, stakeholders and senior management to ensure the strategic goals and objectives of the project/s are met and deliver the desired business value. Senior Project Managers direct the daily activities of team members on multiple projects to ensure they provide high quality and cost effective services; they may also provide oversight to one or more project managers, in addition to other project team members.
Project Management responsibilities:
• Direct medium to large-scale, complex projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
• Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value • Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
• Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
• Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project life cycles
• Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the life cycle of projects
• Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
• Manage projects according to established methodology and standards Utilizes a variety of information and data sources pertaining to organizational and professional trends.
• Converses with, writes reports and creates/delivers presentations to all levels of colleagues and peer groups in ways that support problem solving and planning.
• Understands and seeks ways to improve the quality and results of one’s work. Ensures that team roles and responsibilities are defined and clearly communicated, and that the quality of the work efforts is meeting expectations. Procures resources (people, funding, material, support) to ensure that the unit’s work is produced in a prompt, quality manner. Provides input for strategic planning meetings so that they produce expected outcomes. Plans for allocation of resources in line with unit goals. Creates and implements a strategy for supporting current and future business needs. • Takes steps to identify and improve processes within own functional area. May escalate process improvement recommendations to appropriate management team for consideration. Participates on process improvement teams as subject matter expert for assigned areas of responsibilities
• Evaluates the effectiveness of current metrics in pursuit of improved performance indicators. Seeks opportunities and takes actions to enhance personal and functional performance and meet consistently more challenging expectations.
• Ability to work well with people with varying technical, business, and cultural backgrounds
• Comfortable working with executive management
• Ability to manage multiple medium and large projects
• High level of analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience managing projects in a matrix environment