To create accurate mechanicals for 2D (print and digital files) and visual merchandising with exacting skill and a thorough understanding of applying design standards.
Position requires the highest level of professional competency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
A thorough understanding of the 4/Color printing process is expected, as well as the ability to prepare files for output. Ability to independently manage one's own individual production calendar assigned by the director of operations. Willingness to learn any proprietary software programs necessary to studio’s production.
- While this position centers on producing print and visual merchandising mechanicals, a thorough understanding of the language of design, acute sensitivity to typography, and follow-through on all corporate design standards and direction is imperative.
- While working within specifications set forward by Design, backed by the artwork managers, create flawless, high-quality digital files with any necessary markups.
- Liasion with vendors and marketing teams to ensure accurate production direction on all jobs.
- Must follow through diligently with details of all projects from understanding design-turnover to final production turnover-- making rounds of corrections, creating comps as needed, making changes as necessary. Must assume ownership of each job he or she touches.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of printing and output processes.
- Must understand the production of 4-color photography, specifically as it relates to mechanicals and printing processes.
- Must follow all departmental protocols, server protocols, Team center routing, and archiving procedures. Uploading files to the Global creative server.
- 5-7 years of hands-on studio production experience in a corporate environment, design firm, or agency preferably experienced in the cosmetics or fashion arena.
- Design or art school experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills on all Macintosh programs; Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of all digital file formats and their best-practice applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members of larger projects.
- Superior organizational skills to handle the details of several projects simultaneously with the ability to juggle pressing priorities with ease.
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong knowledge of 4-color printing process, be able to pre-flight, create mechanicals, collect files and liaison with printers.ddition to regular programs creating guidelines as needed
- Ensure programs are translated and executed cohesively throughout the global market channels. Provide mechanical for beauty crops and graphic for all setups
- Setting and maintaining standards for work handled in the Production Department with regards to print production schedules, asset routing, proofing, and approvals to meet scheduled requirements and on time deliveries of assets
- Supervise retouching workflow and work closely with Asset Manager on implementation and onboarding of DAM software
- Ensure final deliverables meet both design and production requirements attending press runs to ensure accurate execution, as needed
- Work closely with Creative Ops to keep the setup artwork on schedule
- Experience in retouching, post-production workflows and color management, file formats and print specifications desired
- Print background to include: web, offset, digital, screen, press checks, finishing, and shipping