Our global financial client seeks an energetic and innovative Senior Product Designer (UX Architect) to join the group for a 12-month assignment in NYC. This role has potential to extend beyond 12 months.
Over the past few years our client has been an active leader in the fin-tech revolution by instilling strong Product/UX discipline and onboarding expertise in emerging technologies such as block chain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security.
About the team
The team, which sits within the institutional trading division (serving corporate clients), leverages these approaches and technologies to develop the tools considered most essential to our clients. Our users are specialists and include high performance roles like trader, analyst, portfolio manager, ibankers and others closely involved in the origination, analytics, and execution of trading instruments. These users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs, within an already complex industry. And so the tools must add value while adding minimal complexity. The team uses creative design-led techniques to break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t.
About the Role
The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. Our Product Design team sits within a Product Management organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed.
• Guides and influences the Product/Service development process by leveraging your command of HCI and Design
• Uncovers user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
• Creates, presents, and documents proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
• Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree.
• Three to five years of experience working as a user experience professional. An advanced degrees and professional practice experience may serve as substitute for qualification.
• Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
• Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
• Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
• A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
The ideal candidate is, above all, a maker and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies. In addition, candidates should have the following skills and interests:
• Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
• Experienced in conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
• Understands the value of homing in on contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
• Defends their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
• Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
• Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
• Translates business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s.