Senior Print Premium Specialist
Our client is a Fortune-500 pharmaceuticals and biotechnology world renowned industry leader. They are seeking a long term contract Senior Print Buyer to join their busy and growing internal advertising studio. This role is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who has prior experience working as a print buyer in the pharmaceutical industry or for a candidate who has worked in print premium with large corporate clients. This is a fast paced, dynamic role for the right candidate. If this sounds like you, please read on:
Manage all aspects of print production, fulfillment, distribution and inventory management for a specified therapeutic area
• Responsible for managing all aspects of print projects, including: Initial production and conceptual planning; manage supplier resources and facilitating communication as needed.
• Examples are but not exclusive to: brochures, flyers, booklets, pamphlets, posters, mini protocols, newsletters, folders, inclusion/exclusion cards, direct mail, slide presentations, CD’s, videos/DVD’s, OOH material and training manuals, various premium items. Ie; tote bags, cooler bags, sharps containers, blankets, wash kits, measuring tape, date wheels, etc.
• Participate in weekly production meetings with agency, account teams and creative design staff to determine the most successful and cost-effective methods of production.
• Set priorities and conform to processes consistently with regard to company goals and procurement policies as set forth by GSS and department management.
• Contribute to identifying and developing recommendations for processes improvements and measurement methods to process work more efficiently.
• Through project management, ensure client expectations, quality and color standards, and project specifications are maintained throughout production process to a timely, complete release.
• Through bid proposals, select print and/or premium vendors based upon cost-effectiveness, quality and timeliness of goods to be delivered.
• Be flexible in learning on line auction tool applications as well as web-portal solution for order placement and inventory management
• Ensure compliance with all policies, processes, procedures and systems as well as integrity of billing guidelines
• Service vendor relationships by expediting all paperwork including work orders, SO assignments
• Timely invoice reconciliation and back-up analysis through JCF reconciliation
• Capable of negotiating in a competitive environment.
• Ensure all vendors follow FDA/OPDP regulations with regards to advertising,
Labeling, PI requirements and expiration procedures.
• Develop and maintain open, communicative, team-oriented relationships with departments.
• Possess knowledge and maintain awareness of leading edge print production technology and paper
Fulfillment, Distribution and Inventory Management
• Manage all activities for assigned brands including, inventory, kit assembly/refurbishments, destruction, holds, high/low stock threshold, expiration and receiving using a project management program
• Participate in weekly production meetings with agency, account teams, business partners, and creative design staff to determine the most successful and cost-effective methods of distribution
• Coordinate distribution activities for designated brand including assembly and field sales audience identification.
• Ensure appropriate approvals for shipments have been obtained by the business partner, sufficient inventory is available and the shipment method is most cost effective while meeting business partners’ deadlines
• Provides business partner with all relevant reports as necessary
• Support business partner in inventory management and distribution of promotional, non-promotional and medical materials
• Advises business partner on best practices and provides suggestions regarding cost-savings opportunities and helps manage brand distribution budgets
• Manage field sales structure information with the distribution vendor
• Conduct periodic site visits to inspect project pack-outs and proper receipt of materials
• Oversee Direct to Physician mail programs through direct mail supplier
• Provides customer support to Field Sales, Marketing (US, Puerto Rico and Global) as well as internal business partners
• Facilitate continuous interactions with Distribution partners for improved services within the US and Globally
Skills and Knowledge Desired
• Extensive knowledge in all areas of print production, inventory management and fulfillment
• Ability to independently coordinate and manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
• Possesses working knowledge of literature distribution, distribution supplier services, distribution systems/interfaces and direct mail
• Knowledgeable in resolving customs issues
• Extensive knowledge of online ordering systems and on demand print interaction
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs with strong skills in prioritizing and multitasking.
• Ability to write clear requirements around project needs. This could include writing requirements for applications to support on-line web order systems as well as on demand projects or programs. The candidate must have experience in developing programs utilizing web storefront ordering options.
• Strong organization, analytical and negotiating skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• PC proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe programs.
• Working knowledge of SAP
• Ability to follow-up and follow-through with appropriate documentation
• Problem resolution and trouble-shooting expertise.
• Demonstrates independent problem solving, sound judgment, initiative and leadership in the effective management of projects.
• 8-10 years experience in the sourcing of print and premiums preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience in inventory management
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Print Premium Specialist